Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Hobsons #Connectu10 Quick Conference Review

I believe in brevity, so here it goes:

Motifs/Themes of the conference:
  • Automation is great
  • Be conservative with your 
  • Branding relies on consistency
  • Social Media is not intended to replace traditional recruitment, but it should supplement it.
  • Twitter is fantastic, but not terribly used right now by high schoolers.  While the students are not totally on board yet, there is hope that it will continue to "grow down (in age)" and eventually college/university twitter efforts will be rewarded.
Location:
I loved Minneapolis and was even able to grab a few (3) pictures of some landmarks last night.




In addition, the Hyatt was great, good food and staff.  The Millennium was not great but that's my fault for booking late!

Timing: Timing was great.


Overall:
What a great conference, and how fitting that it ends on Social Media Day!  Great work @HobsonsUS and I look forward to next year!
*ALSO - Would anyone be interested in creating a shared blog where we can all contribute our ideas regarding New Media in College/University Admission?  I created one and would love to consolidate lots of our ideas into one place.  Let me know if you want me to add you as an author. http://newmediaua.blogspot.com/

-David May
@yamdivad

No comments:

Post a Comment